Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Summary

So this year so far, we have accomplished our goals with the third grader being able to write by herself sentences in a row and make short summaries, playing violin daily and writing dates and weather. We are way behind with math, as we lack the memorization of the multiplication tables, so the multiplication itself and division are lacking.

For the first grader, she is recognizing the letters, yet she is far from linking them to the actual words, and I can see that in general she is half year behind compared to what my first daughter used to know, so, I will just hang in there going along with the curriculum and waiting for the summer to make another assessment.

The kindergarten and nursery children are well learnt in dress up clothes!




I have started this January gradually, the first week we did two days of school, this week we are doing three weeks of school, and next week we will resume our habitual four days of school. I want to establish a faster pace, since I want to count three more months of this type of schooling and then unwire for the planting/spring season, I know that when April comes by, things start to get difficult to contain in the previous forms!


One of my aspirations, besides the festival life that we are sharing with homeschooling families, is to have a Biodynamic farm-school, where we could all go once or twice a week, to do farm work, and where other people in the community would have their work too, I am thinking children with autism, or adults with disabilities, even from the public school or other venues.

As we ponder about this, I am reminded of a sentence of one of my friends regarding the building up of community:

"Community does usually fail when built up for its own sake,
usually is something else that people gather around to,
and as a consequence a true Community arises"

 I am trying to decipher what is that "something else".

No comments:

Post a Comment